Friday, September 22, 2017

Fall TV 2017 - TV Talk

So I've been bad at neglecting my blogging over here but you can always catch me doing reviews over at Hello Subscription if you want to check out what boxes I'm loving right now. But when FALL rolls around and my Entertainment Weekly comes in the mail you know I have to be over here and blog my TV chart. I'm not sure if my EW came late this year or if they just sent it out late but mine came in the mail today and I sat right down to watch the Twilight marathon on Freeform and go through it.  I've only done a quick look so far and I will go back through it to reread every drop of information incase something catches my eye a second time but this is what I'm thinking of so far.

Like last year I don't see as many overlaps in shows as I have in the past. I think each year I get fewer and fewer series that I have to DVR each week.  That is not a bad thing and some of the shows I like won't be back on until mid-season so they didn't make this chart and I'm pretty sure there are some other shows that the networks will fill in when one of the new ones doesn't do as expected but here is what I'm going to start with.

Here is the chart......




So lets check it out for a quick daily thoughts.  

Sunday - This is the slowest Sunday night I've ever had.  The only shows I plan to watch are the Walking Dead and then its companion Talking Dead.  That just seems crazy to me but with as busy as Sunday night's usually are in getting the kids ready for school its probably a good thing.

Monday - I'm adding a new show on Monday's: The Gifted.  This and Inhumans that I'm going to try on Friday seem like very similar shows to me so not sure I will keep them both but I want to give them a try. I really enjoyed Supergirl last season so I hope that it keeps up the goodness this year.  Scorpion is a silly show but M and I both like it so its an easy one for us to put on when we both want something to watch.

Tuesday - So last year I said This is Us had all the hype and it was rightfully so.  I'm in love with the show and I can't wait to cry each week. It is often hard for a shows to go into is sophomore season and keep up the greatness of the their first season but if any show can I'm betting on This is Us. I can't wait to check in with them again.  The CW also moved Legends back over here after Flash and I like those shows together.  Legends moves around a lot but I think most people record it so it doesn't really matter which night it plays on. We will watch it when we want.

Wednesday - My oldest son N loves Speechless so he wanted me to make sure it made the chart. He's not a huge TV watcher so when a show comes on that he likes I try to accommodate.  I'm a HUGE David Boreanez fan and I'll follow him about anywhere so of course I'm trying out Seal Team.  I'm hoping it is as good with him as his other shows and I can watch it for years to come.

Thursday - So this night will be taken up with my boys.  I'm never getting tired of Supernatural and they did a big change up at the end of last season so this one should be wackadoodle and I can't wait for the ride.  So much has changed and so many things are different I'm beyond excited.  Arrow is now following them and that works for me too.  It is the darkest of the CW shows so I usually save and binge a couple weeks at a time for it. I only make sure I'm all caught up before they do a cross over with the other shows.  Arrow is so serialized it is best served in doses.  Oh let's not have me forget Will & Grace is back!!!!  I loved it the first time and I squeel each time I see a commercial for it now. Thursday is by far going to be my hottest tv night.

Friday - Once Upon a Time is doing a reboot this season and with it they moved it to Friday. I'm not sure how that works for it but I'll be recording it. I want to see how they start the show over with still using some of the main original cast.  They are also putting the new Inhumans show on after it and like I said above I'm betting I watch either this or the Gifted but I can't decide which one yet so they both get recorded to start.


Looking at my review from last season I started with 16 shows down from 27 in 2015 and this year I'm at 17 but I know some won't last.  A couple of my shows I know will be back at midseason like: Elementary, Originals, Timeless, Younger, and the Arrangement so they aren't listed above but will make the chart eventually.  I'm pretty excited for my returning shows and just so-so with the new shows, but I'm hoping at least one of them changes my mind. I think last year was such a great year for new shows there wasn't as many openings this year so they are resting an their tride and true which is ok but not always the best so we shall see.


Ok now I need to get on and set the DVR for the new shows and make sure the others are still on their and ready to go.  Are you ready for the new season? What show are you most excited to come back?  Do any of the new shows catch you eye?

Happy watching!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...