Monday, December 22, 2014
disclaimer: This post contains a referral link.
HaHa look at this it is still technically morning and here I am blogging. Poor C has a bit of an upset stomach so we were up with him about 3:30 this morning and then again around 9ish. He basically gets a bath each time. I'm hoping now that he is awake it will be better but its made for a rough morning so far. They are now up in my room watching tv with their Ipads while I'm downstairs catching up on the computer.;) With the rain outside it is just one of those days.
So I'm going to do a picture heavy post today so just bear with me. Lots of very random pictures going on. LOL but it sums up the weekend so far.
Let's start off with Saturday morning and the kids waking up to SNOW. Yes it was snowing here in NC and since we all knew it wouldn't last they ran out in whatever they had on. It didn't stick and quickly turned to sleet and rain but it was very pretty for a little bit.
That afternoon we had Christmas with my side of the family and my mom got M and I matching Mickey watches. I love love love them. N thinks we NEED to plan out next trip to Disney right now so we can wear them together. LOL
Once they left me and the boys made a run to Target and C saw this new PS3 controller on clearance and he just had to have it. He used some of his new Christmas money for the pink controller. I don't think he and N will be fighting over who uses which one now. :)
Then because you know it is C and he is crazy he decided to play with his new cars on the blinds. I mean doesn't every kid line up their cars on the blinds?
And then my yesterday was spent finally getting my Christmas cards ready to mail out today and since I wasn't late enough I decided to update my Erin Condren address book. I have had it for awhile but I haven't really filled it out so now it is all nice and pretty and my addresses are all in one place. I'm in love with it. Do you guys still use an address book?
Last night we headed out to one of the local shopping centers that does a light show on the front of the movie theater. C said he would be in the picture with me to show we were there. LOL it was a little cool out there but we liked the show and its a fun thing to do each year.
So what is up for the rest of your week? While I'm pretty sure I'm done shopping I still need to wrap everything and get a list ready for the grocery store. We do Christmas Eve and my brother and sister in laws and then Christmas morning and home with friends coming over for dinner that night. There is so much food going around but it is so much fun and the kids love playing with each other and talking about all their new gifts.
Have a Merry Christmas week!!!
Thursday, December 18, 2014
This is a busy week here with both boys finishing up school for the year and that means its time for teacher gifts. We usually do gift cards for the teachers and then they can go out and get whatever they want with it but you can't just give them the gift card so that is where the My Paper Pumpkin kit comes in. The kit from November is great for winter cards and gifts and I decided that I would use it as my vessel to give the cards.
If you don't know what My Paper Pumpkin is it is a monthly subscription box from Stampin' Up that will send you a project box each month with cards or another project that can be completed in about 30 minutes. The cost of the box is $19.95. If you are not ready to sign up for a monthly box you can now purchase a set 1,3,6,9 or 12 month subscription. These will need to be placed through my Stampin' Up store http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryID=1444&dbwsdemoid=94340 this will give you the prepaid options.
The boxes each month come in a bright orange box and then the contents are wrapped in tissue and sealed in a shrink wrap. There are also instructions included in each pack.
I always seem to take a picture of the front but here is the back when I flip it over. The ink spot and the stamps are loose in the box but all of the actual project parts are in the shrink wrap.
All of the goodies to make this months project.
Here is the first project. This is a really cute die cut card that opens from the center.
And on the inside I stamped the snowfalling across the top. Just FYI if you have this kit and haven't done it yet I stamped off the snow before putting it on the card as I thought it was a little to dark when I went straight to the card. The saying is also attached with a bit of washi tape!!! There is so much washi on the spool that I will have extra to put in my stash. Having extra makes me really happy.
This is the other project in the box. This is a great To/From tag that you can use on any gift that you have. N saw this and wanted to add it to his card so you will see how I did that below. Again I stamped off the snow before stamping on the tag.
Here is the final product. We used the card and then added the tag to the outside. Cute and easy and I'm so glad I had the My Paper Pumpkin kit.
Did you get this kit? Have you used it yet? What fun did you create and use it for?
I'm linking up with Thursday Thoughts with Ramblings of a Suburban Mom.
- I'm not sure where it came from but C is now obsessed with Paw Patrol. I know nothing of this show except the name but looks like I will learn it pretty fast.
- I'm still not done with the teacher gifts for this year and all they are getting are gift cards. LOL I'm using a My Paper Pumpkin kit to create some decorative holders for them and the boys don't have to take them in until tomorrow so I have plenty of time ;) I'll share a post when I get them done today hopefully.
- Ugh M just wrote that N is having a major meltdown going into school today. You can tell it is the holiday and he is more then done with being there. He has 7 more minutes until he is late so we'll see how it goes.
- I have to head out to the mall today for some shopping and I started asking C last night if he wanted to ride in the stroller. His response was he didn't need to take in his Ipad and then he could be a good walker. Hmm I had never mentioned the Ipad but he knows me so well. I guess we will be doing some quick in and out shopping today.
- I think I'm confused with today being Free Shipping day. I'd be a little worried that if I ordered today and did regular shipping that it would get here in time since I ordered things last week with expedited shipping and it still isn't here. :( Seems like this should have been a day last week or even last Monday or something instead of just a week before Christmas.
Ok well I need to get ready to go this morning so I'll stop rambling now. What is everyone else thinking of today? Any big plans?
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
This post contains referral links.
Hi everyone!!! I hope everyone is getting in the holiday season. We are slowly getting there but today was the program at both boys schools at the same time so we did the divide and conquer method. M and his mom went to Ns presentation and then my mom and I went to Cs program.
and then in what was something we probably should have done before C has his program we went and got him a haircut. He kept telling me no but he was all for it when grandma asked. :) We left it pretty long still but he can now see better and its all cleaned up.
My December Ipsy bag came the other day and I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to review it so I'm going to share it here.
I love it this month. The theme was Thinking of You and the bag is a chalkboard blackish color and more of a pencil case then a makeup bag. So cute and different from the others we've gotten. This month I got Beauty Without Cruelty facial wash, NYX Butter LipBalm in Marshmellow, Tarte Mascara, Cailyn Cosmetics Eye Polish in Orchid, and Sexy Hair 450° Blow Out Heat Defense Blow Dry Spray. I'm excited to try all of these items. Many are new brands to me and others are new products from brands I already love. So much fun and a great kick off to December.
Now I'm onto making the rest of the boys teacher gifts. I need to wait for N to finishing siging the cards and they will be done. :) We only go a couple more days this week and then they are both out. C until Jan 5th and N until Jan 28th. LOL I'm already planning activities for next week so that we won't be home the whole time driving each other crazy.
What are you all up to this week? Are you ready for Christmas? Did you do all your shopping yet?
Have a great week,
Monday, December 15, 2014
Good morning!!! So I took a little blogging break but this is a busy season and with all the sickness going on here we just vegged out most of last week but I am back now and hopefully will be here for more fun the rest of the year.
Let's Start with a little weekend recap. Saturday was Ms birthday so the boys started the day going to a kids build at Lowes and the they came home and we cleaned and finished decorating the little tree and then some family came over for dinner.
Then on Sunday we took full advantage of the 60°F weather here and headed out to the park for some fun.
And since we were close to the Bass Pro shops we stopped over to see Santa.
And since I'm a week behind I'm going to share from the other weekend too :) We went to the Santa train and had a blast with the cousins and Nana.
We also had breakfast with Santa at California Pizza Kitchen and got a great family photo with Santa.
So as you can see Santa really knows what my boys want for Christmas ;) They tell him every time. LOL
Now onto this weeks fun. We have our first school program timing conflict. Both N and C have their programs and presentations on Wed this week. So my mom and Ms mom are coming over and we are going to divide and conquer. We are still working on the logistics but each boy will get a couple people to watch them. We will see how it works out but I'm sure we will have more timing issues as they get older.
This is also the last week of school for both boys. N is then tracked out until Jan 28th. Yes you read that correctly it is like another summer break for him. He is excited but I'm not sure how excited I am ;) It is a very long time.
I'm getting pretty good with my shopping but we haven't wrapped anything yet. That will be on this weeks todo list. We have our first Christmas celebration this weekend with my side of the family so I will start with those gifts. :)
So that is my random little recap to start this week. How is your week looking? Busy too?
Have a great pre-holiday week!!!
Saturday, December 6, 2014
Year End Closeouts over at Stampin' Up.
Items are while supplies last so if you see something you want don't wait to order.
Thursday, December 4, 2014
I'm linking up with Thursday Thoughts with Ramblings of a Suburban Mom.
- I'm over the sickies. First it was N and then it was C and M. Here's knocking on wood that I don't get it. There is no time for that here.
- And since I'm not realizing its been a crazy couple of days I've never shared about Thanksgiving. We had a great Friendsgiving and everything was soooooo good.
- Did anyone else watch the Flash/Arrow crossover? It was AWESOME and I'm glad the ratings seem to be really high so hopefully they will do some more.
- The girls and I have our group Christmas dinner coming up and we do handmade gifts and well yea I haven't made anything yet. LOL I've had the idea and most of the required items for months but haven't gotten to it. I guess I'll have a busy weekend ;)
- Speaking of the weekend we are doing breakfast with Santa at our local California Pizza Kitchen on Saturday and then on Sunday we have the Santa Train and the Durham Museum of Life and Science. I'm really excited for both events as they are traditions now in our family.
- Oh an on Santa the boys went to the Home Depot build last weekend and Santa was there. We weren't so sure about C since he refused to go near him last year but he loved him this year and went right up to his lap.
Off to have some reading time now with C in the fort he built in the playroom :) He is waiting so patiently for me to finish. LOL
Have a great Thursday!!!
Tuesday, December 2, 2014
WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Who is ready for some TV Talk? Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of days. Very busy with Thanksgiving and having everyone home and then N was home sick yesterday :( He is back to school today so I should be on the upswing and will be doing some catchup this week but first we NEED to talk TV.
Let's start with the biggest show this weekend. The Walking Dead midseason finale. Uhm yea that just happened is all I can say. I was kindof expecting it but then the show just kept going and I was like ok its going to be ok but then at the end WOW. I mean Beth wasn't a huge character on the show but she did have an arc and there was always the thoughts of her with Daryl and really they are kindof missing an age group of that older teen young twenty on the show that if the world is going to survive needs to be present. However I think this will propel the group for the second half of the season and things will get a bit rougher for them. And when Daryl broke down crying I about lost it. While Rick is the leader of the group I think Daryl feels like he is the protector and he wasn't able to protect her like he feels he should have and that will get to him as time goes on.
Now onto something lighter. Dancing With the Stars finale last week. Did you watch this season? I don't watch every week but C and I will chromecast it up to the tv during the week and have dance parties along with the performers. ;) I was not surprised that Alfonso won. I think most people picked him from the get go but I was glad that the girls all stepped it up and gave him a run for his money. Can we also mention how many past So You Think You Can Dance dancers are on the show now. I love SYTYCD each summer so I love seeing all the dancers again but are there no other dancers out that that want to be on the show? or are they trying to cast pros that might already have a bit of a following?
Is anyone elses kid obsessed with Max and Ruby? C is obsessed with them and somehow we have two different Christmas episodes on the Tivo and he wants to watch them over and over with Ruby's Christmas Tree being his favorite. :( I really just want to know where their parents are and as I was a big sister and had my little brother with me a lot why does she not throw a fit about it ;) Since we all know that as the older sibling to always have to deal with your younger brother isn't what you want to be doing. LOL ( love you bro)
So those are three very random shows this week. LOL many shows are getting ready to go into hiatus for the holidays so I hopefully will get some time to catch up on shows I'm behind on like Castle, Bones, Pretty Little Liars and White Collar. Pretty sure there are some others too but those are the ones I can think of. I'm not too behind just a couple episodes so we should catch up ok. Oh and speaking of shows I'm trying to decide about how to watch The Flash/ Arrow crossover this week. Should I watch The Flash tonight and Arrow tomorrow or should I wait and watch them both tomorrow? Totally a first world problem but I just can't decide. LOL
Happy TV watching,
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
I love love love this picture of my Mother-in-law and my boys in the rain one day. C was not into it at all but N was in heaven and loved every minute of it.
This page used the Big Shot to its best ability. Also to make things line up around a stamped image it is a great time to use the magnetic platform. I have had mine for awhile but haven't had it pulled out but it is now a permanent piece to my die cutting.
Do you like to use your Big Shot? What is your favorite thing to cut out? The full list of my used Stampin' Up products are below and you can see the whole catalog by clicking through the Store link on my online website www.jennylouthan.stampinup.net.
- Park Lane Designer Series Paper 
- Daffodil Delight 12 X 12 Smooth Card Stock 
- Sahara Sand 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Lost Lagoon 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Chocolate Chip 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Life's Adventure Clear Stamp Set 
- Million One Clear-mount Stamp Set 
- Circles Collection Framelits Dies 
- Starburst Framelits Dies 
- Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies 
- Little Letters Thinlits Die 
- Lost Lagoon 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon 
- Large Rhinestone Basic Jewels(retired) 
- Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad 
- Lost Lagoon Marker
- Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker(retired) 
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine 
- Magnetic Platform 
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
Who is ready for some TV Talk?
Is anyone else planning to watch The Librarians? I knew there were movies before but somehow I have never watched them. This summer I recorded all 3 of them and M and I just watched them in preparation for the show. I'm curious to see how the show handles there being more then one Librarian since the movies really make it seem like there is only one. I like Noah Wylie and I know he has some cameos in the show so I'm guessing maybe he turns over the reigns or something. I can't wait to see Christian Kane on my screen every week. I think this show will also fill the void left when Warehouse 13 went off the air since getting mystical artifacts was what that one was about too.
And just so all my friends are ready for it I'm calling my Thanksgiving this year Friendsgiving and they will have to get over it ;) Was that a thing before and I just missed it or is it new. Either way I'm loving it and will be using it from now on. So this episode was good and had a couple surprises for me. I had figured that the twins were somehow related to the Gemini coven but I had no idea that Jo was in there too. That was a new one for me. I can see how it all comes together though and I like the twist. And am I the only one that thinks Damon always gets the raw deal. He is supposed to the bad boy but I always feel so bad for him and he is always the one that is getting hurt. Stefan is by far the worse brother.
I'm still really liking Scorpion. I know I've said before that they needed to get past the gang making a huge blunder and then having to fix it and get to just letting them solve the problem and the last couple episodes have done that. Are they still awkward? Yes but they aren't bumbling everything up so royally like they were in the first couple episodes and I think the show is better for it. I like that they come to the problem from a different direction and solve things and get the problem done. This last episode gave us some insight into Walter and the way his thinking is even against what he says he believes. It also showed how tough the gang can be. I do think we will have to resolve the Ralph's dad situation soon since he is kindof in the way but he does make a good sitter when Paige needs to run off with the cyclone and he is also a good 3rd wheel in the love story that we can all see coming someone down the road.
So what shows are you watching now? Any from this season you've already dropped from your viewing list? I'm looking forward to the winter hiatus so I can catch up on a couple things that I'm behind on.
Monday, November 24, 2014
So this is a Pinterest win page for me. I was browsing around and saw a similar page and then I went to tow.
Isn't this awesome!!! I wanted the tree to be the focus of the page so I added the title stamps right to the background paper. I still love the Seasonally Scattered stamp set from the Holiday mini and used it multiple times at the retreat as you will see.
These pictures are all from a photo session I did with the boys working on getting a good picture for their Christmas card that year. I took them with my personal camera and after we were done I realized there was a smudge on the lens so that is why there is fuzzy on some of the pictures. LOL teaches me not to check.
Oh and while I have been resisting the Blendabilities craze so far from Stampin' Up I learned that I can color a basic silver rhinestone anycolor I want. I am in awe and its hard to tell in the picture but I am in love with this techenique and I now need some of my own markers so I can color all I want. I didn't try it but the other ladies also said you can color buttons so I want to try that next.
This page is so different from what I normally do but I absolutely love it and am so glad I gave it a try,
The list of Stampin' Up products I used is below and if you want to see everything we offer check out the store through my online website www.jennylouthan.stampinup.net. And as always shoot me a message if you have any questions.
- Natural Composition Specialty Designer Series Paper(retired) 
- Smoky Slate 12" X 12" Textured Card Stock 
- Cherry Cobbler 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Seasonally Scattered Clear-Mount Stamp Set 
- Memorable Moments Clear-Mount Stamp Set 
- Crushed Curry 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock 
- Frosted Finishes Embellishments 
- Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents 
- Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Old Olive Assortment 
- Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Cherry Cobbler Assortment 
disclaimer: This post contains referral links.
Good not so early morning ;) I was up early but I had to watch the Walking Dead and then get the boys to school and go to the grocery store and order from Kohls and then pick up C from preschool and get the laundry and dishes started and now I'm sitting down to watch the AMAs from last night and do some blog and other computer work. WOW when I type it out it looks like I've been busy this morning. LOL
So how was everyone's weekend? We had a good one with not much going on. M took the boys to Toys R Us for the Lego build on Saturday and then we went to his mom's house for a bit to do a little work. Then had dinner at Chic fila and the boys got to play in the playground. They had a blast. M had to work yesterday and it was a rainy windy mess here so the boys and I were staying home and my sister decided to come over and we watched tv and did nothing all day. LOL Yeap we watched New Moon, Ecplise, Breaking Dawn Part 2, Vampire Diaries and the Veronica Mars movie all while the boys played around the house. Yeap it was a very productive day. ;)
What are you all doing for Thanksgiving? We are having a Friendsgiving with my scrappy girls on Thursday and then we are having fake Thanksgiving with Ms family on Friday with a big platter of chicken parmigiana at the kids request. I will be a stuffed little piggy after eating both meals and I'm sure the leftovers that go along with them.
Have you really started your Christmas shopping yet? I was working on my list and I'm actually pretty well on my way. My boys are mostly done and things are in the works for the rest of my family or they are done. I'm hoping to get some done this week and weekend. Keep an eye out since some stores have already started their Black Friday deals online. I placed a great Kohls order this morning and saved so much money and then I used Ebates to get a bit more back and I got $15 in Kohls cash so I can shop some more. Don't forget to check out Ebates when doing your online shopping. Its great to get cash back on things I was already going to buy. :)
Speaking of online shopping I have a couple deals for you....
Stampin' Up is currently having their Online Extravaganza with items and bundles onsale from 20-50% off. There are also some flash deals and all items are while available so don't wait to order if you are interested. http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/CategoryPage.aspx?categoryid=2013&dbwsdemoid=94340
Did you know that Love the Mouse Travel has an online store just for you all! Need a few Disney gifts for your loved one's this Christmas? Make sure and check it out! You'll find Disney novelty gifts on this site that you probably haven't seen anywhere else, along with a few must-have's for any Disney vacation-- like little girl's hairbows and gumball necklaces!
BLACK FRIDAY DEAL ALERT!! Starting Thursday (Thanksgiving Day) and running through Friday all 8.5" large girls hairbows will be $5 with FREE shipping when you use my promotional code "JENNY" at checkout! We have 12 colors to choose from!! https://squareup.com/market/mousemarket#category-d8518df0-a465-4423-acdc-d8959b540231
Aren't those exciting? And remember if you want to give you kids a trip to Disney just let me know and I can hook you up with that too :)
Have a great week and a great Thanksgiving everyone,
Friday, November 21, 2014
As you know I have tons of Oh Caleb pictures but every so often he makes a face and I have to say it is pure Love. These are some silly just take my picture face and I had to put them all on a page.
Isn't he a cutie? The stamp set Seasonally Scattered and the paper Under the Tree Designer Series Papers are both from the Holiday Mini Catalog but I love them both. The Under the Tree DSP is so think and a great base paper and even though it is a Christmasy paper most of the pages like the one I used are not holiday specific so you can use them all year long. I might need to get me another pack of this paper I love it so much.
I have a list of the Stampin' Up products I used below and if you want to see all that Stampin' Up has to offer you can click through the store on my online website www.jennylouthan.stampinup.net.
- Under The Tree Specialty Designer Series Paper 
- Seasonally Scattered Clear-Mount Stamp Set 
- Labels Collection Framelits Dies 
- Festive Paper-Piercing Pack 
- Bitty Banners Framelits Die 
- Crumb Cake 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Cherry Cobbler 8-1/2X11 Card Stock 
- Gold 1/8" Ribbon 
- Mini Metallic Clothespins 
Thursday, November 20, 2014
I'm up and linking up with Thursday Thoughts with Ramblings of a Suburban Mom this morning.
- Thanksgiving is really sneaking up on me. I'm not sure where November went and while I know that Thanksgiving is only a week away I'm still in denial and I need to finish my list and get to the store.
- Speaking of Thanksgiving who all is done with their Christmas shopping? I'm by no means done but I am pretty close and I feel like I'm ordering something every other day or so :) I need to write out a list of what all is left and start crossing things off. I'm usually done right after Thanksgiving and I expect that to be the same this year.
- C was talking about Santa this morning and said he will sit on his lap this year. Uhm yea that didn't work so well last year so we shall see. Saying that reminds me I need to see if California Pizza Kitchen is doing the breakfast with Santa this year and get to booking that.
- Oh thinking of Christmas if this is you and your family then let me know and I'd love to help you out.
- This isn't us this year as we are taking a cruise in January instead and I'm trying to figure out when we are going to WDW next year. As I've said before N goes to a year round school and they are changing the tracks up for the next school year so once we get which track he will be on we will know his track out dates and can plan our trip around that. :) I can't wait.
- Does anyone else have a cat? My cat Kali is 16years old so she is up there in age but she is the funnest cat. She loves this weather and turning on the fire place. She will walk over to it when its off in the evening and meow and sit there so cute and look back at you. You know shes saying take pitty on me and turn on the fire. LOL Needless to say I normally cave and the fire goes on for her. Can we just say she LOVES it.
So those are my random thoughts this Thursday morning. What are you thinking about today? Any big plans this weekend?