Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ipsy August 2014 bag review

disclaimer: My referral link is included in this post so if you decide to join through my link I get points for future goodies.


It is that time of the month again when my lovely pink Ipsy envelope comes in the mail. Mine actually came the other day but its been busy busy here so besides looking in it quickly I hadn't overly analyzed yet.  I of course knew what was coming since I always look online but its still fun to to get the bag and see the sizes and the actual colors.



I really love seeing this envelope in the mail and I love sending it back out to someone else with new goodies in it. I reuse most of the packaging that comes in my boxes so if you trade with me always be on the lookout.


I pulled everything out and had a first look.


This months theme was Beauty Schooled. Ipsy says Learn the rules, so that you can break them. This month, you'll discover that you'll never stop learning - especially, when it comes to the world of beauty. With everything from styling skills, application techniques, to channeling your inner confidence and uniqueness... With the help of ipsy and your August Glam Bag, you're about to get "schooled."

And now for a better look at the items.

  • Coastal Scents Forever Blush in Fresh and Elegant ($1.25) - I don't see this sample on the site but to a full compact is available in each color.  I actually like the pink shade of this and would consider getting it in a full size.  I wear blush daily and I love the pinkish shades when I grab it.
  • Urban Decay Perversion Mascara ($5.50) - I love this and actually just got it not to long ago when Urban Decay was giving away samples when it launched and I've been using it.  The other option was an eyeliner that I wish I would have gotten since I have this item but this is a great item and I will get around to using it.
  • Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Liner ($2) - oh eyeliner I have a love hate with you. I do wear it when I'm dressing up a bit but with all these boxes I have so many blacks that I really don't need another one. This one is a cute little size though so I'm thinking I will stash it in my togo bag.
  • Jershey Shore Sun Mongongo Lip Conditioner ($5.50) - The info says this is 100% natural and USDA certified organic with fresh organic flavors, no petrochemicals, nothing artificial and no petrochemicals. So it seems like its pretty good for you and I love a good chapstick so I already dropped this in our park bag.
  • StriVectin Present Perfect Antioxidant Defense Lotion ($8.70) - I actually don't think I've tried this StriVectin product before and I'm excited to give it a try. I've liked all the other products of theirs I have tried so this one is good.  I will work it in as my moisturizer since it says it fights the early signs of again and prevents wrinkles.
  • The bag - I don't really put a value on the bag but this one is pretty cute and its small and round which is different from the other bags they have sent.
Overall I'm giving this month a thumbs up. There is no way that Ipsy  could know that I already have the mascara and I do love it so it will get used.  In all I came up with a value of $22.95 for this months bag which is pretty good since Ipsy is only $10 a month plus tax in some states.  There were again many variations so you never really know what you are going to get. This is one of my favorite subscriptions each month and the pink envelope makes me so happy.  Did you get Ipsy  this month? What came in yours?

Happy Ipsy  day,
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...