Tuesday, August 25, 2015

TV Talk Tuesday and a linkup




WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I've take a couple weeks off for summer and things just being crazy but now that the summer shows are ending and new shows are starting I'm back. :) Let me know what you are watching and what I really need to check out.  I record almost everything so sometimes I talk about shows that have been off for awhile or are a couple weeks old but I love spoilers so go ahead and talk the new stuff if you want.  If you would like to join in the fun I'm adding a link up to the bottom so join us and talk some TV.


So I'm writing this right after I watched the premier of Fear the Walking Dead and I will say my overall first impression is pretty positive. I do think that it had some slow parts but then there is always so much set up in a pilot episode that it is to be expected.  I like how they kindof played with it being a figment of Nicks mind.  We know that it isn't but I'm thinking that is a bit of a play on how somepeople say that Walking Dead is all in Ricks comatose mind. It was a cool nod to that while also playing with the story.  Based on the previews I'm thinking the whole story will pick up pretty quick coming up.  Oh and if you watched did you freak out when they went to Thunder Road? I texted my friend right away and said "OMG Thunder Road" LOL just a little fangirl freak out going on. Did you guys watch? What did you think? I'm thinking it will be a good fill in until the Walking Dead comes back.


I finally caught up on Astronaut Wives Club and I didn't realize that last week was the finale but I can see how it was finishing up. I enjoyed the show for its limited run but I wouldn't say it was anything exciting. I was just a nice show to watch and see how the women behind the men were handling things then.  It made a good summer show.  I know they say there will not be another season and I can see that but I would love to see how and if the ladies kept up with each other over the years.  I read an article that said most of them did end in divorce but they all seemed to have great lives over the years.


So I am way behind the times but you know that happens when you have kids. Heading out to the movies just isn't as easy as it used to be. Anyway I had heard great thing about The Fault in our Stars but I hadn't seen it. This weekend I watched it on the TV and WOW it was good. It was so happy and sad at the same time. I have not read the book but my sister keeps telling me to and that I would love John Green's books so I might have to pick them up.  Of course this might not have been the best movie to watch for someone who has had melanoma twice but that won't stop me from watching it again when I catch it on the tv. 
Jenny



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me of the Fault in Our Stars. Will schedule watching that for this coming long weekend. Will be hoping to catch The Astronauts' Wives Club on Netflix in the future. Sad I didn't watch it! Leslie onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...