Monday, October 12, 2015

Ipsy - August 2015 Alter Ego Bag Review

disclaimer: This post contains a referral link for Ipsy and if you joining through me I will get credits for future goodies.


My  Ipsy  bag came this weekend and since I always look at the spoilers I was really excited to get it and dig in.  This months theme is Alter Ego and  Ipsy  says Dare to be different. This October transform into whoever you want to be.  Uhm I like the thought but my bag is totally a basics bag and nothing that is transformative. LOL  you will see below.

In case you need a reminder  Ipsy  is a monthly beauty subscription that gets you 5 items in a cute little bag each month for only $10!!!! (plus tax in certain states).  This is the only makeup type bag I'm getting right now and I still love it. While not every month is a great one for me overall I'm usually pretty happy.


And now onto this months goodies:

  • Peter Lamas Exfoliating Pumpkin Facial Scrub ($7) - I want to say this came around another year and I never got it but it could have been another brand,  Either way I'm excited and it says that you only have to use a dime size amount so this should last awhile and I just love the worked pumpkin into and October bag.
  • MicaBeauty Ipsy Exclusive Cream Eyeshadow in Bronze ($10?) - So this is a total guess on the price since it is an Ipsy exclusive. However I have always liked my micabeauty items and this is a color I will wear even though it isn't really  transforming like this months theme.  I men I guess if they had sent me something in the blue from the card I would have been saying I would never wear that so I should be happy this is a nice fall neutral color.
  • theBalm Cosmetics Meet Matte Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Committed ($2.75) - Oh my gosh I'm kindof in LOVE with this.  I was a little concerned since I'm not a lipstick girl but this is actually fun and it smells great and it stayed on good while I was trying it out today.  I always love theBalm items in my bags and this in no exception.
  • eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask ($4.14) - I'm pretty sure I've said this before and my hair is pretty normal most of the time not too oily or too dry or to anything really, LOL but I have been wanting to do some more conditioning too it and I can't wait to try this one out especially as the seasons change and it could really up the oomph of my hair.
  • Emite Makeup professional slant tweezers ($25) - So this is not an exciting item but I can't wait to try them. I have a thing about tweezers and being a happy plucker I'm always on the lookout.  The pair I have is pretty old but it actually grips on and gets the hairs where as some of the newer ones I've tried just don't pinch good.  Does that make sense? It does in my head. LOL  
This months bag is so much better then the last couple I've gotten in terms of things I like and will use. I was excited when I saw the sneak peak and I'm even more excited since its here.   Ipsy is a great bag and usually has a great value. This month I got over $45 in products for only $10 plus tax. That is a great deal and while I don't always love and use everything I always feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

So tell me did you get Ipsy this month? What all did you get and are you in love with it too?

Happy Ipsy day,
Jenny

disclaimer: This post contains a referral link for Ipsy and if you joining through me I will get credits and cash them in for extra goodies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...