Monday, June 16, 2014

Ipsy June 2014 Bag Review

disclosure: There are referral links in this post.

My Ipsy bag came Saturday and with all the weekend I didn't get a chance to blog it yet.


I still love getting these bags in the mail each month and if you are expecting anything from me be on the look out for a hot pink bag ;) I love reusing these on my outgoing mail.

This months theme is Pretty in Paradise and Ipsy says Warm white sandy beaches or a cafe under a star filled night sky, being pretty in YOUR paradise.  I love a good vacation and I'm happy with anything that can help with my travel and fun.  Ipsy if you are interested is a monthly subscription bag that will send a cute bag with 4-5 beauty items in it.  The items are usually a pretty decent size and you can really try things outs.  Ipsy cost $10 a month so the value is there too.


And now onto my June Ipsy bag goodies!!!!


  • Orfa Universal Eyebrow Pencil - I'll say it I have never used an eyebrow pencil. If you look at my pictures I have pretty dark thick eyebrows. Maybe I'm missing out and I still need to fill in? Anyone have a thought?  This does look like a cool idea and is called Universal since it is one color that works on all skin tones. This is also a brand I had never heard of but when I look at their site they have some fun looking items so I will have to check out other goodies.
  • be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara - oh my what do I want to say about this. I was very excited to get this when I saw it was coming in my bag. I have loved all my other be a Bombshell products and I'm currently looking for a new mascara.  Then I saw online that some of them have come with a strange smell and Ipsy has even addressed that online and be a Bombshell has said this lot was made especially or Ipsy and that no scent was added but that it met all the current codes and regulations. Even with that some people said it was fine while others complained so I was anxious to see what mine was like. Unfortunately I am in the bad category. Lets just say that I smelled this about an hour ago and I swear I still can smell it now. There is no way I will be using this on my eyes. Ipsy is looking into this and I'm curious to see what is done about this sample. :(
  • Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray - I love beach sprays and tend to use them a lot in the summer months.  After the mascara issue I smelled this one right away and it smells good. I've already done my hair today but I plan to use this tomorrow and for many days to come. 
  • NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee - I'm always up for a good lipgloss.  This one is a little light for my taste but I bet it will look good over layered over something else for a luscious glossy look.
  • Realtree for Her - I've said before I don't wear alot of perfume but I recently decided I need to look for some and give it a try.  I actually really like this one from smelling in the bottle and I squirted a little on me when I opened it and so far so good. I will give it the day and see how it smells later too. I like a scent that last without being overpowering and I think this might be a good one for that.
  • The bag - This months bag was designed by Rebecca Minkoff and is really bright and definitely what I think could be considered paradise.
So what do you think?  I really wish the mascara wouldn't have had a smell issue because I really like it. however the other items are all good in the bag and are all fun.  After my skincare bag last month I'm glad to get more makeup type products this month.  For the $10 this bag cost me I'm definitely getting my value out of it and like I said I love getting the bag in the mail and finding and trying new brands and products to me. With two boys I don't get a lot of time to roam around cosmetic stores so this is a great way to sample some things and play around.

Did you get an Ipsy bag this month? Did you get the smelly mascara? What else did you get and do you love it? There are other items that I would have loved to try too so I'm excited to see what others have. :)

Have a magical Ipsy day!!!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...