Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Fashion Project Review

disclaimer: My referral link is included in this review.

I've been waiting to get everything here in place before blogging this one but now that I do I'm going to share. :)  I've been trying to find a place to donate/sell some of my gently used clothes. There are lots of great resources for kids things but not so many for women's stuff.  I saw Fashion Project online and thought I would give it a try.

How it works:  Fashion Project is a donation/resale site online. How it works is you log in and request a pre-paid bag.  Fill it up and send it back in. They will go through it and if its a qualified item you will earn a Nordstrom giftcard for each 5 qualified items (They only take certain brands and you can see the list on their site).  (ETA - I can't seem to find the list of approved brands online so I sent a message to see what they say.  I will come back and add when I get an answer   I found the list on one of their pages.  Click HERE and then scroll down a bit to see a link for qualifying brands list and a window will pop up) They will also give 55% of the sale of the items to a charity of your choice.

I sent in my bag on May 21st. Here is a picture of what I included. I sent in 12 items.  Thinking that maybe one or two items wouldn't qualify for the gift card so I wanted to send more then just 10.


I didn't hear anything from them until June 12th when I got an email. This email showed me what I sent and let me know that everything qualified.


On June 27th I got an email telling me that I was getting $80 in Nordstrom Gift cards and then on July 3rd I got my little box with my cards. :)


The box came in a shipping envelope but once I opened it I thought it was so stinkin' cute.


Inside the box was a Thank you flyer, my two gift cards worth $40 each and another donation bag ready for me to send in.

I just went and checked online and my donations still say processing so they aren't posted for sale yet. Most of them are kindof fall/winter type items so I'm sure they are being held for the right season.  I will keep you guys posted on my donation to my charity as I get information. I picked the Museum of Life and Science in Durham to receive my donations.

I am really excited about getting to spend my new gift cards.  I'm holding out or the Nordstrom sale starting soon and possible hoping to use them towards a new bag ;)  Fashion Project only takes certain brands and the better the designer label the better.  You can see a full list of acceptable brands on their site.  I just pulled that list up and went through my items.  They also take men's items so I might have to go through Ms closet next ;)

So tell me have you used Fashion Project before? What was your thought on the process?  I've tried a couple other companies and not had any luck so I was tickled pink with this one.

Happy donating and shopping.
Jenny



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Seems like a much better deal than Thredup which I've heard horror stories regarding sending your stuff In (awesome deals to shop though...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...