Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Ipsy July 2014

disclaimer: My referral link is included in this post so if you decide to join through my link I get points for future goodies.


I was so excited to open my mail yesterday and see that hot pink envelope.

Ipsy is one of my favorite subscription boxes and I normally love most of the contents.  I'm still processing through this months though and I'm not sure how I really feel about my bag.  I of course peaked at the contents but I can never really tell until I see them and the colors and size or the items.


This months theme was Sensationally Sunkissed and the bag is a hot pink faux leather bag.  While it is kindof boring it is a decently sized bag and I'm sure it will get some use. And now onto the rest of the goodies.

  • Bareminerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Divine Wine ($6) - I actually really like this product and wish it was a little bigger.  I use a sunscreen moisturizer every day but I will admit I've never really thought much about my eyelids so extra protection is always a plus.
  • Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance balm in Unique Pink ($8.40) - So this one has me intrigued.  It doesn't look to have much color too it and is more of a balm that I would layer something over but it says that the color intensity depends on the pH level in your lips.  So maybe kindof like a mood lipstick and that is just fun. LOL I will have to report back on what I think but it is soft and will be good to moisturize my lips.
  • Befine Food skin care daily moisturizer with SPF 15 ($21) - WOW this moisturizer is expensive and we got almost a full size product so that is exciting. Again it has SPF in it which is great and I will be giving this a try once I finish the one I am using.
  • Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 08 ($1.5) - I'm really glad this isn't the high dollar item in the bag since I will never use it. I've had melanoma twice so I don't use tanning oils at all. This is really what is making me just meh about the bag but its really only one item so it shouldn't be bumming me that much.  I do have someone I can pass this on to so they will be happy.
  • wHet nailpolish in Facetious ($10) - Really you can't go wrong with sending me nailpolish. I love almost all of them and this is such a bright fun color I'm in love.  wHet is a new brand to me and it is Vegen, three free and made in the USA so a perfect new brand to try out.  I just did my nails with my new Julep but I can see this coming up next time.
Ok so now that I have really looked at all the items I'm not so bummed about my bag.  That tanning oil just threw me for a loop and I think I was having trouble getting past it but when I look at the items individually they are pretty good.  All totaled I came up with a value of $46.90 for my bag and considering Ipsy is only $10 a month plus tax in certain states it really is a good deal even with me passing on the tanning oil.

Did you get an Ipsy bag this month? There were a lot of variations this month. Are you happy with your bag?

Have a great Ipsy day!!!
Jenny



1 comment:

  1. Love my ipsy!! I need to find a use for all this nail polish though!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...