Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday Musings



I had to go to the dentist this morning so just now getting a chance to blog. :)  How was everyone's weekend?  Ours was good but it was a cold weekend. 

Friday night I got to go to the theater and see Brothers of Darkland County.  It is a new musical written by Stephen King with music by John Mellencamp.


It was an interesting show.  It is set up like an old time radio broadcast so the whole cast was onstage the whole time and they got up and down as the story involved them.  I didn't expect it to be really scary but it really was more a suspense type story and at times the story did drag along but the songs were excellent.  All of the actors/actresses were really good too and it didn't hurt that Billy Burke was one of the leads. He is awesome and did so great.  I think this play has promise but I think a little more tweaking is needed for it to make it a long run. Right now they are just doing select days on a tour but if they want to do a run somewhere a little tweaking would be good.

We went to the NC State vs Wake Forest Football game on Saturday.


It started out ok but as it went along it got colder. I had packed many layers so we just kept putting them on and the boys had a blast.  It was our last home game so it was Senior Day and Military Appreciation Day.  I love when they do the whole field flag.  It is so beautiful.

Then Sunday we stayed home and just did stuff around the house it was awesome.

This week looks to be a nasty cold mess here in NC.


This is really cold for NC at this time of year and I'm not looking forward to it at all. :(  I know that others are having even colder  but I don't want it this cold here so soon.

Wednesday I have Cs Thanksgiving Feast and the kids will sing a little song and then we do a pot luck.  It is always so cute and I can't wait. Now to decide what I am going to make him wear. LOL

No plans this weekend either so hopefully we can get the Christmas Decorations out and we can start getting those ready to go after Thanksgiving.

So what are you up to this week? Anything exciting going on? Are you ready for the holidays coming up? My Christmas shopping is really good already so I'm not too stressed now just to finish up and all will be good,

Have a great and cold week,
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...