Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day & My Paper Pumpkin January 2015 Review

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.  
Did you guys make cards with your kids?  I have always made something with my boys classes and when we started talking about it this year N said we are making our gifts aren't we?  So off to think of ideas I went.  It just so happened I had an idea and I got the January My Paper Pumpkin kit and was able to incorporate them both.  Take a look at the review and info below.  Enjoy!!!


Isn't it cute?  They ask that we don't send candy into either of my boys schools so I always try to think of something besides pencils.  However I really  need to think about these ideas when the back to school clearance is going on as it would save a lot of money.  Hmm maybe I should add a note to my planner ;)

Now onto what we used for the project.


We started with the glue sticks and then I used Stampin' Ups digital software My Digital Studio and pulled a cute tag from the More Amore digital download.  It is valentinsish without being too girlie as N told me.  We had thought to hang the tag from the glue stick with some bakers twine but as you can see when I printed them on my computer they were a little big. N loved this size though so I thought a minute and remembered the My Paper Pumpkin kit.


This is the January My Paper Pumpkin kit. As you can see it is pretty different from what we ended up with.  I was already to use these and redo what we had started but N thought these were a little too girlie and he thought he gold binder clips might fall off so I kept the extras and just used the bags and the bakers twine for our project.


A work in progress.  For the bakers twine I pulled out a retired Stampin' Up punch that has two little circles in it. This made putting the twine through the bag and tag easy.


Here are all the extras I have from the My Paper Pumpkin kit.  I will use some in my monthly albums and I'll add the binder clips to my embellishment box for future projects.  I also keep all the  My Paper Pumpkin stamps and inks in clear stamping cases. Having all of the little ink spots is nice to grab when I'm going crafting out. I do not have all our colors but I have a nice assortment to work with without taking all my large ink pads with me. 


And here we are a class worth of Valentine's goodies.  It was great that the  My Paper Pumpkin kit was set up for 24 bags and Ns class only has 22 kids in it so we had plenty to go around. For Cs class we did the same thing except we just glue dotted the tag to the glue stick since he didn't have to carry them around with him as much.

My Paper Pumpkin is it is a monthly subscription box from Stampin' Up that will send you a project box each month with cards or another project that can be completed in about 30 minutes.  The cost of the box is $19.95. If you are not ready to sign up for a monthly box you can now purchase a set 1,3,6,9 or 12 month subscription. These prepaid months will need to be placed through my Stampin' Up store http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryID=1444&dbwsdemoid=94340  this will give you the prepaid options. And to add to all the excitement right now if you decide to do a 3 month prepaid subscription you get $5 off and since we are currently in Sale-a-bration you will get to choose a free item from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  Sale-a-bration and the special run though March 31st.  This is our most popular promotion of the year so don't miss out.

Did you make any crafts for Valentine's Day this year? Post a link below and I'd love to check them out.

Happy Valentine's Day and
Happy Crafting,
Jenny








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...