Monday, June 15, 2015

Ipsy June 2015 Swim Into Beauty Bag

disclaimer: This post contains a referral link for Ipsy and if you joining through me I will get credits for future goodies.




For some reason I don't get shipping emails from Ipsy anymore so I was excited to see the hot pink envelope in my mailbox today. I of course peaked and knew what was coming but it is always excited to actually get it and see how it looks in person.  This months theme was Swim into Beauty and since I've been at the pool everyday it couldn't have come at a better time.


In case you need a reminder  Ipsy  is a monthly beauty subscription that gets you 5 items in a cute little bag each month for only $10!!!! (plus tax in certain states).  This is the only makeup type bag I'm getting right now and I still love it. While not every month is a me month overall I'm usually pretty happy.



And now onto this months goodies. I will say I was not overly excite upon first look. It looked ok but nothing that jumped at me. I still had to take a good look at what I was getting.

  • Pure Brazilian Miracle Leave In Conditioner ($6) - This actually couldn't have come at a better time. With being at the pool so much my normally normal hair has been feeling very dry and I plan to start using this right away.
  • Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more vacuum cleaner ($11.25) - This says that it helps loosen and extract blackheads without extraction tools. I will say I've never really had an issue with blackheads and I couldn't tell you what an extraction tool was so I'm not thinking I will ever use this item.  I do like the Dr Brandt brand so if I needed this I would probably be happier.
  • Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer ($9) - this helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and set a nice canvas for your makeup.  I have actually gotten this before and I've always liked it when I've used it. I'm sure to use this sample too.
  • tre'StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon is Aspen Pine ($10,67) - I love eyeshadow crayons. They just are always so much fun.  I'm loving this color since I don't have a lot of darker greens but it really isn't a summer color to me so I'll probably wait and wear this more in the fall.
  • Absolute New Your Nail Lacquer in Turquoise ($4.99) - You all know me and know I love a good nail polish. I've never tried this brand before but I'm loving the bright color. This color screams summer to me. I think this might be the next color I put on my toes.

So this is just an ok box for me this month. I do like the products and will use most of them but nothing is really that jump out and make me yell from the mountains type product.  I do love the samples and getting to play around with them and for the $10 I spent I got over $40 in products!! So that makes me very happy.

Did any of you get an  Ipsy  bag this month?  What was your favorite item? I'm always excited to see what other items people get since we don't all get the same thing. :)

Jenny

disclaimer: This post contains a referral link for Ipsy and if you joining through me I will get credits and cash them in for extra goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...