Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crafty Leaves

I finally ordered the Leaves Die from Stampin' Up s mini catalog and it came in on Friday.  I love fall and leaves are a big part of it. The colors are just so pretty.  I had to make a tag for my nephews birthday party on Saturday and this die was just screaming for me to use it.  I sat down to get it out and thought why can't I use the box to make the leaves.  So guess what I tried?  Yeap I used the shipping box and let me tell you I will be doing this more for decorations for my Thanksgiving table.  So easy and it came out so cute.

 Here is the tag.  I love making these tags.  I use the Labels framelits in two different sizes.  I used solid cardstock this time but it also works great with pattern Designer Series Paper.
A close up of the leaves.  I punched them out of the box and then I sponged some inks in different fall colors on them. N helped me sponge and he had a great time doing it.

 Here is a side view of one of the leaves.  Being that the shipping boxes are cardboard you get a different texture to the leaves and some depth to your project.
Here is the finished bag.  All of the leaves you see are in the one die. N wanted to use all of them so we took the extra leaves and added them to a solid color gift bag.
 
This was a super easy and fun way to add some oomph to a plain gift bag.  Very cute and fun.  I can't wait to make some more leaves with N to decorate for Thanksgiving.
 
Jenny
 
disclaimer: Yeap I'm still a SU demo. Click through my links and make me happy. :)
 

2 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! GREAT leaves!! And the tag is so cute! I always forget the labels as tags!!! AWESOME!!! I might be Caseing your leaves soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I need to get the leaf die...oh no!! These are super cute!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...