Tuesday, October 16, 2012

NC State Fair Food 2012

I was very lucky to win a prize package from our newspaper the News & Observer with a family pack of admission tickets and ride tickets to the NC State fair this year.  We had planned on skipping this year since its a busy week for us but with the tickets we decided to go yesterday and then it rained so we changed it to today. :)  It was a great day today.  A little warm but overall really nice.



I'm not here to give you a play by play  but I wanted to share some of the best parts of the fair. The food.  ;)

Every year their is a new latest and greatest fried food and this year it was the fried girl scout cookie.  M had to try it and I got a sample too.
 
They had 2 different kinds at the fair.  Fried thin mints and Fried caramel delights.  They only sold them one of the other but we split an order with the ladies in front of us so we both got 2 of each.  I only tried the thin mint and it was really yummy.  Not what I was expecting but I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was still a crunchy cookie inside and I thought  it would be more gooey.  M says the caramel delight was gooey inside and very yummy. I don't like the coconut so thats why I didn't try that one.
 
Over all we were very pleased with the food choices this year and the boys had a great time there too.  I couldn't do a post without a picture of my little mans first fair ride.
 
 
 
What's your favorite fair food?  Do you have set places you eat each year at your fair?
 
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. I love the fair!!! We missed it this year but we have gone for the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...