Friday, November 15, 2013

My Paper Pumpkin October 2013 Kit

So I've had my October My Paper Pumpkin kit for awhile and I was not impressed. When I first saw it I knew that I had to make it into something else but I really didn't know what I wanted to use. Then I was at my scrapping retreat this past weekend and saw the picture I used and the die and a lightbulb went off.

This is what I ended up with:


This is what the kit was supposed to look like this month.
I just wasn't feeling the notepad holder at all. I didn't have any idea where I would use it. I thought about making it as is and just adding a magnet to put it on the fridge but that seemed kindof boring.

When I opened the box and pulled everything out I was excited that the base was a thick chipboard material so I knew it would hold up. I also like the stamps and will use them on other things.


Here is where I used the stamp set and the dies. It came out really cute I think and the button is tied with some of the string from the kit.  I based the whole assemble on some burlap and adhered some cord I had to the back for the hanger.


Down on the bottom I placed the rubberband holder that came with the kit and folded over a little of the paper roll and stamped with the photopolymer stamps a quick title.  A little distressing and I was good to go.

So what did you think of the October kit?  Did you  make it as is or did you modify it up too?  I can't wait to see what this months brings. It should be here anyday now. If you still need to know My Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription from Stampin' Up that will send an activity to you each month for $19.95.

Here is a list of the extra items I used outside of the kit.
tams# 175
Happy crafting,
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I really like your take on this kit. Not my favorite kit but it really pushes you to be creative!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...