Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Touch a Truck Scrapbook Page


Another page that I created while on my retreat. We went to a boys scout event here called Touch a Truck where there are tons of different kinds of trucks and other equipment that you can climb around in. Pretty sure this was one of Ns favorite events ever and I really need to keep an eye out for when it comes again.


Started this one our with some Crumb Cake cardstock. This is really a great base color and definitely works for boy pages.  I also knew which Designer Series Paper (DSP) I wanted to use before I got started. Well Worn DSP is a favorite of mine for boys pages. It has a nice grungy look to it.  I will be sad when I run out and I am running very low in my stash. To get the patterns on the DSP I used my new Kiwi Lane Templates Spooky Alley. I grabbed these when I was at CKC in August and they are so great.

I knew I wanted to accent my pictures so I added a matte layer to them. This time I used Cherry Cobbler to give a pop of color without being in your face. I do not always mat my pictures and it really kindof depends on my layout and what I'm feeling at the moment. I know some people are an always or a never but I really do go back and forth.



Aren't these trucks great?  I have some framelits that I've had forever and I don't use often since they take some work. You end up cutting out the trucks multiple times so that you can get all the parts in the colors you want.  I knew since I had time at the retreat it was a great time to pull them out and play.  I used some scraps of cardstock I had in my stash that coordinated.  Then don't you love the "dirt" in my bulldozer?  The corduroy buttons are awesome. They really add a little oomph to a page. Another item I was sad to see go.


To finish off my page of using alot of retired products I grabbed some hemp time and knotted it over some of the DSP and added a little mini library clip and a vintage tag.  I see this now and I probably should put something in my tag.  Hmm I'll have to think on that one.

So what do you think of this page? It actually came together for me pretty quick and I knew really fast what all I wanted to use.  Its also great to use up some retired products but then I get sad when I no longer have them in my stash. It will help clear out room for more new goodies though and that is Awesome!!!

As usual you can get the products through my site www.jennylouthan.stampinup.net. Not many of these are still available but there are other great things on there to choose from.

Happy Scrapping,
Jenny

Supply list:

tams# 204

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...