Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Noah and Kali scrappy layout




As I said in other posts I went scrapping with friends this weekend and this is one of the pages I created.  I was digging through my stash and saw this frame. I have had this frame forever and when I saw it I knew exactly which picture to use with it.  Then I started looking though my paper and saw this Etcetera paper pack and all the frames and I was on a role.


Included in the Etcetera Designer Series paper was the measuring tape page. This was so great since with N and my cat Kali both stretched out it looks like they are trying to see who is the biggest. ;) And yes before you ask my cat is that big.  I added a touch of ribbon to the frame and a piece of hardware that reminded me of a sliding scale on a measuring ruler. Pretty sure that is the engineer in me coming through.


I was then looking at the page which is actually how I did most of my scrapping this weekend just laying things down and going from there. I had not pre-planned.  I decided to pull out a new set from the Sale-A-Bration 2014 sets.  This is a sneak peak for those that are interested. It is the cute little banner stamps and the small punch that punches them out.  I inked the different stamps and stamped them on a scrap of very vanilla paper to punch out. What I loved about this one was that the punch cuts just inside the stamped image so there is no border around it.  Some stamps have a border and some don't but with this one I was happy without one since I think alot of times I will be layering this on another banner piece and I would have had to fussy cut those borders off.  Finished the banner off with some twine and small buttons.

This was a very Stampin' Up page.  I loved how all the colors came together and the picture stayed the main focus.  I'm also loving the Sale-a-bration sneak preview items I have and can't wait for the sale to start in January.


Have a Happy New Year and keep crafting!!! 
The Stampin' Up items I used are listed below.

Jenny

Used products:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...