Monday, April 14, 2014

Ipsy April 2014 Bag review


I was not expecting this bag today since I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet but I'm not going to complain when I get my Ipsy bag quickly. :)


This little piece of heaven was waiting for me in my mailbox. I of course had peaked at the contents before I sailed on my cruise but I still love to get my hands on the actual products.


This months theme was Beauty Rocks and I love love love this bag. It is more square then most of the bags from them so it will hold different items.  Plus it just looks cool. :)

Now for the goodies:

  • Mary Kay at Play Jelly Lipgloss in Teddy Bear - The description says it provides a brilliant intese shine with a wash of color. This is actually a pretty neutral color so I can see adding this to my gloss stash.  I love lipgloss and carry around with me everywhere. 
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-on eye pencil in Black Velvet - I think I have gotten this in another box but its been awhile ago and mine is actually pretty close to gone so I'm stoked to get another. I love the way the UD liner goes on and lasts through out the evening.
  • Dr brandt microdermabrasion - I really need to have more of a skin routine and it is on my list of things to do. This will go in my stash of items for that purpose and hopefully I will actually do it soon. 
  • Elizabeth Mott pop goes the shadow in Champagne  - The description says that this eyeshadow will change my life but you know I'm not really ready to go there. LOL  It is a great light beige color with some shimmer so it will work well with my normal eye routine.  Plus its a great smaller size so will be great for traveling like I've been doing recently.
  • Sexy Hair Root pump Volumizing Spray Mousse - This is the one item in the bag that is really not me.  I do love the brand but there is no helping my hair get much volume.  My mom does however use these types of products all the time with her shorter hair so I will be passing it along to her.
So overall I think this was an ok month for me.  I love love love the bag and a couple of the products but the others are just hohum. They will all hopefully get used so that is also always a big plus.  If you subscribe to Ipsy you can look in your glam room and also see what else they sent out this month. When looking at the others the only thing I really wish I would have gotten is the rainbow honey nailpolish. :) So I will see if my mom or a non-nailpolish friend got that and we can maybe do a trade.  You can never have too much nail polish.  If you are interested in Ipsy it is a monthly subscription that costs $10 a month plus tax depending on the state and you will get 4-5 beauty items and a bag sent right to your house.  This really is one of the boxes I get that I really look forward to every month and you can't beat seeing the hot pink mailer in your mailbox.

Happy Ipsy day,
Jenny


disclaimer:  That is my referral link up there and if you decide to join up through me I get credits for extra goodies in future bags.  Even with that as always all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I love ipsy! It is so much fun to try out 4-5 different high end makeup products every month in a cute new makeup bag, for only $10. This month I received Benefit lollitint, Cailyn lip balm, Urban Decay eyeliner, City Color eyeshadow, and KISS lashes! You can become a part of the ipsy community here http://www.ipsy.com/r/73vu

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...