Tuesday, April 29, 2014

TV Talk Tuesday


It's been a couple weeks but I'm back for some TV Talk.  There are spoilers below so read at your own risk :)  I am a little sad that we are into May sweeps already and shows are coming to an end for the season. There are some great summer shows out there but it always seems like such a long time until the regular shows come back.


As I've said a couple times I binge watched all of this season of Arrow last week.  WOW WOW WOW is this show good. If you are looking for a new show this is one to pick up.  They are only on season 2 right now so you can be caught up pretty quick.  I was so not prepared for the ending of last weeks episode and have Moira sacrifice herself. I can see as a mother protecting your kids but this is an unique twist and I want to know where it leads.  I have never read the Arrow comics so I don't know what the whole story is but I do like that they added the Canary and someone for Oliver to "play" around with.  It all links together nicely so I can see it blowing up soon.


I also watched the last 4 episodes of Star Crossed.  I know this is a bubble show and not sure if it is coming back next season but I do like it.  It took a couple episodes but they have settled into a good groove. I'm loving the Castor exile and I want to see what happens to him. Then I'm assuming that Greyson is playing Emery and not really out to live peacefully with the Atrians but you just never know.  Then a pregnancy with teenagers is always interesting and making it such a big deal is going to be an issue next season I'm sure if it gets picked up.  You can definitely tell this is a younger skewed show and if you follow it on Facebook you will see. The cast posts all the time and does live tweets most episodes. 


I'm going to continue my CW love this week and talk about the Tomorrow People.  The founder is a bad dude lets just go there. I am curious to see how he survived the blast. I'm guessing he teleported out in the knickof time.  Very funny as I was catching up I finally realized that I recognized the actress who played Hilary and she is Alexa Vega from the Spy Kids movies.


Of course I realized this right before she got herself blown up so I'm guessing we won't be seeing her back.


And my final CW show of this post ;) I will still go and say that Reign is one of my favorite new shows of the season.  I don't know much about Mary Queen of Scots and I  know this is very fictionalized but I like to pretend that its kindof accurate. LOL of course if I do that then I will think that all royals are sex crazed and very vindictive.  Not sure that was the case but it does make for a good show.  Since you all know my love of the scruffy guy I'm a Bash fan ( just see my Daryl from the WD love for proof of this :)) so his story is really interesting to me. I know he's the bastard brother and now has this wife who was one of Mary's ladies which is very interesting. He obviously still loves Mary but is going to try and make the best with what he has been given.  With Francis gone I wonder what will happen there.  I'm going to assume they have a time lapse of some kind since it will take awhile for them to get to war and then to have the war so I want to see how that is portrayed.  They just simply made a comment about her being in the tower for a month and that was all that was said. From the previews it looks like we'll get some war scenes so not sure how they will play that.


Ok I promise I do watch shows that are not on the CW. And I know I am not their target demographic but I just can't help but liking all these shows. I watch plenty of shows that you have to think during so these are ones you can just watch and not think about. Perfect guilty pleasures.

Do you watch any of these shows?  What other guilty pleasures do you have?

Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...