Saturday, September 13, 2014

Ipsy September 2014 Review - Street Style

disclaimer: My referral link is included in this post so if you decide to join through my link I get points for future goodies.




It was a really good mail day today with my pretty Ipsy pink bag and my POPSugar Box coming  (that post will be up soon).  I of course had peaked at what was in my bag but I always try and hold out judgment until my box gets here since only then can I see the actual colors and sizes of everything.



The theme this month was Street Style and I'm thinking it was supposed to get you ready for the streets and your day but my bag isn't so much that. I will tell you now that when I first saw what I was getting I was a little upset. Ipsy posts spoilers in their site and you will get some of those items.  Well there were so many bright things in the spoilers and mine just isn't that exciting.  Take a look at my bag below.


My Ipsy glam bag contents:


  • The bag - let's start here.  Every month your Ipsy comes with a bag and the one this month is AWESOME sauce.  I love the metallic look and its so soft.  Love this one.
  • Hakari Lipstick in Cabernet ($13) - I'm not a huge lipstick person. I'm more a gloss girl but I do like this shade and since I will wear lipstick more in the fall and winter I'm going to hang onto this one for those days I need a little something.
  • Crown Brush infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush ($10.51) - I don't really need a new brush but maybe if I used them more I would. LOL  I do like that this is like a 2 in one so when I'm going somewhere I can just grab this one.
  • Pacifica eye pencil in Fringe ($ 11) - This was an either or for the bags this month. You either got an eyeliner or a nailpolish. As much as I love Pacifica and I wear eyeliner I really wanted to try their nailpolish.  Fringe is a nice shade of brown and with my brown eyes I will use this I just really wanted the polish. ;)
  • LeeAnni Eco 3-in-1 Revolution Light ($3.75) - This is a gluten free, vegan, natural toner, serum and moisturizer all in one.  This says it will save you time in the morning and moisturize your face all day long. I'm actually kindof interested in trying this one out.  I'm always out for something that will help with the darkness under my eyes and I love a good moisturizer.
  • Briogeo Don't Despair! Repair Deep Conditioning Mask ($5) - I actually don't use any kindof deep conditioning on my hair. Maybe I need to? Does anyone?  I always say I just have pretty normal straight hair. I don't have any real issues with it so I wash and condition like normal and go on my way.  Am I missing a step I just don't even know about? Please let me know.
So that is my bag this month. It was not nearly as exciting as the spoilers led me to believe it would be. I mean really if you are going to show me two different nail polishes then I want one of them. I think that would only be right LOL  Overall its not bad just not exciting.  For the $10 the bag costs I got over $43 worth of products to try and most are new brands to me which is always something I look for in these bags. I don't have time to browse through the makeup stores so I like learning new brands that might become fast favorites with these bags.

So what do you think of this months Ipsy?  Did you get one? What all was in your bag this month?  Did you get one of the nailpolishes? I will be very jealous if you did ;)

I can't wait to see next months since I feel like every time I'm been a little upset about a bag the next one has been stellar.  

Have a great Saturday night and have fun with your Ipsy!!!

Jenny



2 comments:

  1. I like to deep condition once a week. I don't always follow the directions correctly, I just shampoo, then put it on at the beginning of my shower and rinse it out at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try it and see if I think it makes a difference. I think since I've never really had hair issues its just not something I've done but you know as we get older LOL it might be something I need to try.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...