Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back to School List

So as I was talking to my friends the other day we were discussing our back to school lists and since this was my first year doing the shopping I'm curious what others are spending to get their lists complete.  N will be starting kindergarten next week so I printed off his list a couple weeks ago and went to Target to start my shopping.  I ended up getting everything except for the one item in those two trips.

As you can see we didn't have a ton of stuff to get but just what I think sound like basics.



Here is our list and breakdown:


  • backpack - we already have one that N wants to use but he did want a new lunchbox  - $7.19
  • 24 pk #2 wooden pencils, sharpened  - $2.00
  • 10 small glue sticks - 5 at $.30 each = $1.50
  • 1 roll blue painters tape - $3.69
  • 1 pair of over-the head headphones - these are what I still need to get. There is a note that says we can get these from Five Below
  • Scissors - $1.50
  • Box of tissues - grabbed this from my stash
  • 2 boxes if 24 count crayons - 2 at $.50 = $1.00
  • 1 pack dry erase markers $2.54
  • 2 primary composition notebooks - 2 at $.50 = $1.00
  • 1 pack copy paper - $3.50
  • Large erasers - $.50
  • 1 pack Crayola makers - $.99
  • 2 containers of disinfecting wipes - 2 at $1.84 each - $3.68
  • sandwich bags - $2.69
So a grand total of $33.93.  I don't think that its too bad this year but I know as the years go on it will get bigger and bigger and bigger and cost more and more and more.  So how was your list this year?  Are you having trouble finding anything?

Jenny

1 comment:

  1. We used to get lists, then they did a supply fee, and now it is just included in our tutition. The lists were more for the preschool kindie kids. The school supply fee included all the workbooks, supplies and even some field trips. Now that it is included in our tutition, I like it better. But I miss shopping for those crayons!!!! Nothing like getting a new box of crayons!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...