Monday, August 12, 2013

My Paper Pumpkin July 2013


I got my July My Paper Pumpkin awhile ago but hadn't had a chance to use it yet.  When I first opened the box I wasn't so sure about it.

I don't have a birthday coming up to use the banners so I just looked at it and thought huh but then later that day I thought about a scrap page. So I had to wait to get some pictures printed and I did that this week so I was excited to use the kit.


This is my sister's graduation from this year.  I think that is definitely a Hooray event.  I made the banner to put above her picture.  The pennants were already die cut for us and all I had to do was stamp on them. The stamps and inks were included in the kit  and then when I started thinking about papers I looked through the new Designer Series Papers (DSP) that I had just gotten and I realized the I am Me DSP pack coordinates really well.  It's hard to see in the picture but there is small square patter on the yellow paper and I think this might be one of my favorite DSP packs in years. Expect to see lots of it in my projects to come.  I also added some pool party bakers twine to the edge of the banners as streamers. 


Next up was another one of the banners. As you guys have seen my son started kindergarten the other week and he was so excited it was definitely his day. Again I used the I am Me DSP with some tangerine tango ribbon and some leftover alphabet stickers from a Simply Stories collection I have.


Have you see our new Holiday mini yet?  It is really awesome and this chevron border punch might be my favorite thing in there. I'm all about chevron right now. For this application I punched out the pattern and placed some pool party paper behind it so that it shows through.


Here is the coordinating page for the above one. I wanted to use some more of the I am Me DSP that I had already cut so made the little banners on the side and a large matt for my picture.


This stamp set is new in the regular catalog and is call Gorgeous Grunge. It is awesome and gives you perfect splatters every time. They really add that little special touch to a page without overpowering your layout.


Remember that chevron punch I used on the other page well I took a couple of the pieces I punched out and added them here. They help tie the two pages together.


Here are the two pages together. I'm loving them and this color combo of Tangerine Tango, Pool Party and Basic Grey are really growing on me. I can see using them on some other pages too.

So what do you think? Do you already get My Paper Pumpkin? What did you do with your banner kit?  If you don't already get it and are interested in signing up or just checking it out My Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription box from Stampin' Up  that costs $19.95 a month and has a project in it that should be able to be completed in about 30min. So far we've had cards, mini books and this banner.  I can't wait to see what else they come up with.  In each kit you get all the supplies you will need (except adhesive) including stamps, inks, papers, and other embellishments. The stamps and inks can then be added to your stash for use later. I've already reused some of the stamps I've gotten.  Oh and until Aug 31st you can get your first two months for only $10 each by using the code PUMPKKINDEAL.  Your first month includes and acrylic block with it for your stamps which is a $8 value all by itself.

Let me know if you have any questions and happy crafting everyone!!!

Jenny

disclaimer: You all know I'm a SU demo but just as a reminder if you order this through me I do get compensation for it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the layouts!!!! Great use of Your PP kit!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...